The Big Move

Well, we did it! We moved to Germany!


When Tex and I finally arrived, Drew had already been in Germany about 3 weeks. We have been staying in a hotel until our stuff gets here and our lease starts at the apartment. Let me tell you about our journey from Texas to Germany!

The Journey to Munich

Tex did absolutely amazing on the plane ride both to Austin and from Dallas. I was very worried but he did so good going through security, boarding the plane, and even going through customs. Everyone in the airport and airplane were so nice and they just loved Tex, especially with his bowtie on! There were several things I had to do in order to make sure Tex could go into Germany. The biggest thing was a veterinarian needed to give him a physical exam and make sure he had a rabies shot and has a microchip. Then, I had to take that paperwork from the vet to the United States Department of Agriculture in downtown Austin, Texas. They had to then approve the paperwork, which they did!

Here are some pictures of Tex in the airport and on the airplane.


At the Austin airport!
With my family! 

This is how Tex laid on the first flight. The woman next to us was SO nice and she loved dogs! 

Tex waiting on his bags! Also, look at his bow tie! 


Tex and I are both so happy to be reunited with Drew and we've been having tons of fun exploring the city. Being in a hotel for several weeks has been an interesting experience. It really makes you grateful to have a kitchen. We just moved into our apartment on Sunday. We can walk to so many stores and restaurants. Here are some pictures of us around town from the past few weeks. 


At the Viktualienmarkt - One of Munich's famous outdoor markets! 
I had a mozzarella and tomato sandwich and fresh squeezed banana and strawberry juice! 

This fountain was right behind our hotel. 

On a family walk! Everyone walks or rides a train here! 

The weather has been chilly and rainy. That will take some getting used to!
This picture is right outside the main square in Munich.

The ice cream here is SO good. We can walk to our favorite ice cream shop in less than 5 minutes! OMG!

Tex's first train ride. Here we are waiting for the train to arrive!


There are gardens and fountains just like this all around the town. They call something like this a "platz."


Anyway, that's it for now! I hope you have enjoyed this post. Let me know in the comments if you have any questions about the pictures or anything you want to know about Germany! I can't wait to hear from you! 

xo
Liz 

Comments

  1. This is AMAZING! - I loved seeing your adventures thus far - the kids and I will surly have questions and requests

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart is full of happiness for you, Drew, and Tex. I look forward to following your journey and seeing y'all soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Hi!! Make sure to write your name so I can tell who is commenting :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Mrs.Naylor it's me Aryanna. I hope you and Mr.Drew and Tex are doing good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aryanna!! Thanks for commenting :) I hope you enjoy the blog! We are doing great! Tex is loving all of the grass and the water here!

      Delete
  5. Hi honey! I am so pleased you are able to experience Germany for so long! (I told your Dad you'd come back speaking German!) You know how fun and important travel is so I know you will embrace the experience. I love you. Uncle Dick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking out my blog!! I actually start German classes on Monday.. I'm in the very beginner class so I'm hoping to catch on quick. It's a pretty tough language! Thank you for your support!! Love you :)

      Delete
  6. Hi Mis. Naylor it,s Desiree I like pictures in Germany. I wonder how the weather is their, my weather is freezing, it's 66 degrees today in Arizona. From your dancing partner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Desiree!! Hi :) You made me smile with your comment!! I miss my dancing partner!! I hope you are doing great! I'm so glad you are following my blog. The weather here is very cold (which is hard for me because you know I get cold easily!). Today it was about 38 degrees. I had to wear a big coat and ear muffs. I even bought Tex a sweater :) Anyway, love you!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sisters Take Malta!

Out and About