Sisters Take Malta!


My sister and I were long overdue for a sister trip so we knew we couldn't pass up an opportunity to travel together! Why Malta, you ask? Well, my sister has been to almost 100 countries (that is her goal!) and she wanted to go somewhere new. We have a slight difference in traveling taste (lol) so it was a little difficult trying to choose a spot. Honestly, when Sarah mentioned Malta, I had never even heard of it. A quick google search led me to beautiful, bright blue waters and beaches. I was in!! Along with the beaches, Malta has a ton of history and lots to do. I was very surprised at how "big" this super small country was. We stayed in the St. Julian's Bay area, which I highly recommend.

Do you see how small Malta is? You can barely see it on the map!

The view of the city from our hotel rooftop!

Our first full day in Malta we spent on a 3 island boat tour. It was SO much fun and really cool to see the 3 different islands that make up the country of Malta. I highly recommend the tour company we used! Here's some photos of our day.





The great thing about Malta is it is located very close to Italy. This means alllll the Italian food :) We ate lots of pizza and pasta on this trip so you know I was a happy camper.


Our second full day, we decided to do a Hop On, Hop Off bus and it was the perfect way to see so many places in one day. Even though Malta is small, it is very spread out and getting from place to place isn't very easy or quick. We did the north tour bus and we were able to stop in Valletta (the capital), a beach, and the Crafts Village. We saw several more places along the drive, which is the great thing about this bus. Check out the pictures from our "tour de Malta."


In the capital city of Valletta.

The office of the Prime Minister of Malta. 

At the Craft's Village they are famous for their glass. We got to watch glass pieces being made by hand.

I purchased a small Christmas decoration and my sister got a small vase :) 

On the top of the hill is the walled city of Mdina. It was the capital of Malta in the Medieval time period.

The next day we caught an early flight back to Munich. I had an amazing trip with my sister. It is a memory I will cherish forever :) In Munich, we ate some more German food (blog post on this to come... shout out to Ms. Brannan's 5th graders for making the suggestion!) and did some shopping before my sister went back to the United States.

Anyway, I highly suggest adding Malta to your bucket list. It really is such a surprising country with wonderful people, tons to do and see, and great beaches! I would love to go back to Malta one day... maybe I'll invite Drew next time :) hehe

xoxo
Liz

Comments

  1. LOVE THIS!! Malta was super unique and beautiful and I loved traveling with you again, sister 😘😍🥂🎉 well written and perfectly captured!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mrs. Naylor hope you had fun but could you swim in that water in Malta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi :) Yes, we could go swimming in the water!! It was a little bit cold for my liking (I'm a baby when it comes to cold water lol) but I did jump in once and swam a little bit!

      Delete
  3. dear Mrs Naylor how do you like Germany ,your blog is amazing. I hope you are having fun we miss you.And witch is your favorite place that you have been to. love Gabby room 36

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gabby!! Thanks for reading my blog! I'm so glad you are enjoying it :) We are having a lot of fun but I miss everyone so much at Adams! Hmmm my favorite place that I've been to so far is definitely Florence (mostly because of the food and gelato!).

      Delete
  4. Hey Mrs. Naylor! It's Saomina from Room 36, hope you are having fun with your dog and husband..... but I was wondering, out of all the pictures you took off the places you've been too, which 1 do you like the most?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Saomina! I'm having a great time with my husband and pup :) Your question is hard for me because I love so many of the pictures I've taken. But, if I had to choose one, it would be of my husband and I on the gondola in Venice :)

      Delete
  5. HI Mrs. Naylor this is Ashley how is it there you know that you are the best teacher in 4th grade I miss you from Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ashley!!! :) I miss you so much and hope you are doing great!! Being in Germany is definitely challenging. It is really hard not knowing the language and figuring out the different ways they do things here. I also get homesick every once in a while but being able to travel with Mr. Drew and Tex is a lot of fun! xoxo

      Delete
  6. This is Mrs. J and I'm going to need some of this Italian food sent to me via Fed Ex ASAP. Just saying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Mrs. J!! We might be able to work out a little deal if you send me some American things that i've been missing haha xoxo

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Big Move

Out and About